BEFORE YOUR SPRAY TAN:
- For flawless results, exfoliate your entire body using exfoliating gloves prior to application. Pay attention to rough skin areas like knees, elbows, ankles and the tops of your feet.
- All forms of hair removal (waxing or shaving) should be done at least 24 hours BEFORE your appointment.
- Shower at least eight hours prior to your appointment. Your skin needs to be completely dry to ensure that the spray tan adheres to the skin properly.
- Avoid using moisturizers, oils, deodorant, perfumes or film-leaving soaps (such as Dove, Oil of Olay, etc.) on your body or face prior to your appointment. These act as barriers and affect the depth and results of the tanning solution on your skin.
- Please bring dark, LOOSE clothing to wear after your session. Bras, tight pants or shorts, and closed shoes or boots will rub-off a freshly applied airbrush tan. ALL pants will remove product from the thigh and knee area, so wear a loose dress to avoid any mishaps.
- Wear long hair in a top knot to avoid hair marks on the neck.
AFTER YOUR SPRAY TAN:
- Once your tan is applied, allow it to dry completely. Avoid ALL contact with water and lotions directly after an airbrush tan! Do not touch your skin while your tan dries, shower or moisturize for at least eight hours.
- Wear loose, long-sleeved clothing to protect your tan.
- Avoid exercising or perspiring for the first 12 hours after tanning as this will cause your tan to streak. Pay attention to developing times to ensure optimal results.
- Immediately following your session, use a towel to protect leather or light-colored seats and an umbrella to shield your skin on rainy days.
- Once the developing time is completed, rinse with water ONLY. Do not use soap or body wash. Use your hands to mildly aid in removing excess color off the skin. Don’t be concerned if some color washes off, this is normal and to be expected. It is the initial bronzing agent and won’t affect the color of your tan. Pat skin dry, do not rub dry as this may cause streaks in the color. Apply a generous amount of alcohol-free moisturizer all over your body. This will “lock-in” your color and you will be safe from accidental streaks and rub offs. For all other showers, use a mild shower gel and your hands to wash. Avoid exfoliating or any type of hair removal as this will cause premature fading and uneven discoloration.
- Moisturize twice or more daily with an alcohol-free lotion. Hydrated skin makes your tan last longer. Alcohol-based products are drying to the skin and will make your tan fade more quickly.
- Taking long, hot showers or baths, or spending time in hot tubs, pools and oceans will cause your tan to fade faster. If you plan on doing any of these, a Tan Extending Lotion is recommended to prolong your tan.
- Velvet Skin Studio is not responsible for accidental water spills, streaks, rub offs on a freshly sprayed tan. Should any of these mishaps occur, you will need to scrub the solution off completely and schedule another airbrush session. There is no way to “fix” your tan and there are no refunds.